Budgeting and Accounting features applications and problems you can use to create building and facilities' budgets. In this course, you will have the opportunity to apply concepts within the real property and facilities context. You will follow the accounting process and creation of a budget from start to finish, learning valuable skills such as how to interpret financial statements, annual reports, and statements of cash flows. You will also learn practical skills such as how to compile lease abstracts and prepare rent rolls. The course includes valuable exercises pertaining to computing productivity ratios, depreciation, ending cash balances, preparing income and expense budgets, and explaining budget variances.
Key topic areas:
record-keeping requirements • revenue and expenditure cycles • cash basis income statement • financial statements • annual reports • lease abstracts •income and expense budgeting • working with capital
PAC and PMFP certificates
& RPA® designations
Early Bird Registration – Member (January 4 deadline): $1,105
Regular Registration – Member (January 25 deadline): $1,305
Late Registration – Member (February 6 deadline): $1,505
Regular Registration – Non-Member (January 25 deadline): $1,605
Late Registration – Non-Member (February 6 deadline): $1,805
Breakfast is included. Class will have a one hour lunch break (on your own).
Houston BOMA - BOMI Designation Course Policies:
• All fees must be paid at the time of registration by either check or credit card.
• A minimum of six registered students is necessary for the class. The class will be canceled if the minimum of six students is not met.
• Course text books will not be sent to students until payment is received and at least six students have registered for the course. Notification will be sent to students when the course book is available. This class is an accelerated review class and students must review the materials before the start date of the class.
• Students are responsible for scheduling their exam. BOMI will send an email with instructions approximately one week before the class begins.
• Cancellations must be received in writing via email. All cancellations received within 60 days of the class date are subject to a $350 cancellation fee. If the student has already received the book when a cancellation request is submitted, an additional $200 cancellation fee will be assessed to cover the cost of the book.
For further questions, please contact Natalia Lara at firstname.lastname@example.org