In today's complex business environment, it is increasingly important for property managers to know how to address legal and risk management issues. This course will provide you with a foundation in the basic principles of law and risk management, helping you deal with everyday legal and risk issues surrounding your business. In addition to addressing leasing and conveyance, the course covers important issues on torts, contracts, employer/employee relations, property rights, and environmental law.
Key topic areas:
conveying and financing real estate • contracts • property interests • premises liability • environmental law and concerns • employment relationships and agency • introduction to risk management • insurance company operations • principles of insurance and insurable risk • general liability insurance and employee benefit plans • loss exposures
Early Bird Registration – Member (August 9 deadline): $1,105
Regular Registration – Member (August 30 deadline): $1,305
Late Registration – Member (September 11 deadline): $1,505
Regular Registration – Non-Member (August 30 deadline): $1,605
Late Registration – Non-Member (September 11 deadline): $1,805
Breakfast is included. Class will have a one hour lunch break (on your own).
Houston BOMA - BOMI Designation Course Policies:
• All fees must be paid at the time of registration by either check or credit card.
• A minimum of six registered students is necessary for the class. The class will be canceled if the minimum of six students is not met.
• Course text books will not be sent to students until payment is received and at least six students have registered for the course. Notification will be sent to students when the course book is available. This class is an accelerated review class and students must review the materials before the start date of the class.
• Students are responsible for scheduling their exam. BOMI will send an email with instructions approximately one week before the class begins.
• Cancellations must be received in writing via email. All cancellations received within 60 days of the class date are subject to a $350 cancellation fee. If the student has already received the book when a cancellation request is submitted, an additional $200 cancellation fee will be assessed to cover the cost of the book.
For further questions, please contact Natalia Lara at firstname.lastname@example.org