Through this course you will learn to take charge of real estate investments in order to maximize the value of a property. You will develop knowledge about basic financial concepts as they relate to real estate, including valuation, analysis, taxation, depreciation, and life-cycle costing. Similarly, you will learn to evaluate real estate investments and to develop budgets that estimate net operating income. You will study the income capitalization approach and cover property taxation costs and strategies to offset these costs. You will also gain the skills to conduct discounted cash flow analyses and calculate net present value and internal rate of return. This course features exercises that require the basic use of the HP 10bII* financial calculator.
Key topic areas:
asset valuation and enhancement • costs and taxes • capitalization • site and building analysis • the appraisal process • discounted cash flow measurement •ownership vehicles • the basics of lending and current lending practice
FMA & RPA® designations
Early Bird Registration – Member (May 10 deadline): $1,105
Regular Registration – Member (May 31 deadline): $1,305
Late Registration – Member (June 12 deadline): $1,505
Regular Registration – Non-Member (May 31 deadline): $1,605
Late Registration – Non-Member (June 12 deadline): $1,805
Breakfast is included. Class will have a one hour lunch break (on your own).
Houston BOMA - BOMI Designation Course Policies:
• All fees must be paid at the time of registration by either check or credit card.
• A minimum of six registered students is necessary for the class. The class will be canceled if the minimum of six students is not met.
• Course text books will not be sent to students until payment is received and at least six students have registered for the course. Notification will be sent to students when the course book is available. This class is an accelerated review class and students must review the materials before the start date of the class.
• Students are responsible for scheduling their exam. BOMI will send an email with instructions approximately one week before the class begins.
• Cancellations must be received in writing via email. All cancellations received within 60 days of the class date are subject to a $350 cancellation fee. If the student has already received the book when a cancellation request is submitted, an additional $200 cancellation fee will be assessed to cover the cost of the book.
For further questions, please contact Natalia Lara at firstname.lastname@example.org