About Energy Management and Controls
Understanding the key maintenance and energy management aspects of building management is critical to running a cost-effective operation. From everyday preventive maintenance tasks to the challenge of developing and selling an energy plan, this course provides you with the skills to evaluate and optimize your current system, the know-how to integrate new components, and the ability to communicate your needs to decision makers.
This course teaches you to develop energy management strategies for HVAC, electrical, and lighting systems. You will learn about the components, principles, adjustment, and maintenance of system controllers, auxiliary devices and electronic, pneumatic, and computer control systems. We’ll cover heating, cooling, and humidification control applications, along with variable air volume and building pressurization control devices. You'll develop the skills and knowledge to perform a cost/benefit analysis of HVAC, electrical, and lighting systems, and to create an energy management program for your facility.
Key topic areas:
energy management programs • preventive maintenance • building automation systems • HVAC, electrical, and lighting control systems • VAV boxes • energy management opportunities • SOPs • energy consumption factors • retrofit strategies • measuring ROI on energy initiatives
Applies to: SMC and BEC certificates; SMA® and SMT® designations.
Early Bird Registration – Member (June 28 deadline): $1,005
Regular Registration – Member (July 19 deadline): $1,205
Late Registration – Member (July 31 deadline): $1,405
Regular Registration – Non-Member (July 19 deadline): $1,505
Late Registration – Non-Member (July 31 deadline): $1,705
Class meets August 5, 12, and 19. (Time TBA)
Breakfast is included. Class will have a one hour lunch break (on your own).
Houston BOMA - BOMI Designation Course Policies:
• All fees must be paid at the time of registration by either check or credit card.
• A minimum of six registered students is necessary for the class. The class will be canceled if the minimum of six students is not met.
• Course text books will not be sent to students until payment is received and at least six students have registered for the course. Notification will be sent to students when the course book is available. This class is an accelerated review class and students must review the materials before the start date of the class.
• Students are responsible for scheduling their exam. BOMI will send an email with instructions approximately one week before the class begins.
• Cancellations must be received in writing via email. All cancellations received within 60 days of the class date are subject to a $350 cancellation fee. If the student has already received the book when a cancellation request is submitted, an additional $200 cancellation fee will be assessed to cover the cost of the book.
For further questions, please contact Natalia Lara at firstname.lastname@example.org