About Environmental Health and Safety Issues
Ensuring workplace and employee health and safety are issues at the center stage of today's property industry. As a property professional, this course will help you develop and manage proactive environmental/occupational health and safety programs, comply with regulatory standards and guidelines, and assess when to obtain technical assistance.
Key topic areas:
local, state, and federal regulations • environmental site assessments • hazard communication • emergency response • asbestos and lead management •ergonomics • indoor air quality • hazardous waste • storage tanks • audits, recordkeeping, and other regulatory issues • ADA, EPA, OSHA, CERCLA, and the FULL ALPHABET SOUP of environmental health and safety
Applies to FMA®, RPA®, and SMA® designations.
Early Bird Registration – Member (March 2 deadline): $1,105
Regular Registration – Member (April 20 deadline): $1,305
Late Registration – Member (April 27 deadline): $1,505
Regular Registration – Non-Member (April 20 deadline): $1,605
Late Registration – Non-Member (April 27 deadline): $1,805
Class is held from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm each day of course.
Breakfast is included. Class will have a one hour lunch break (on your own).
Houston BOMA - BOMI Designation Course Policies:
• All fees must be paid at the time of registration by either check or credit card.
• A minimum of six registered students is necessary for the class. The class will be canceled if the minimum of six students is not met.
• Course text books will not be sent to students until payment is received and at least six students have registered for the course. Notification will be sent to students when the course book is available. This class is an accelerated review class and students must review the materials before the start date of the class.
• Students are responsible for scheduling their exam. BOMI will send an email with instructions approximately one week before the class begins.
• Cancellations must be received in writing via email. All cancellations received within 60 days of the class date are subject to a $350 cancellation fee. If the student has already received the book when a cancellation request is submitted, an additional $200 cancellation fee will be assessed to cover the cost of the book.