Helping to Rebuild After Hurricane Harvey
Thursday, August 31, 2017
Posted by: Shannon Roberts
Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund
Our Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund is now live! We kicked things off with a $10,000 contribution. Help us help our members and reach our goal.
If you are a current Houston BOMA member and suffered loss or damage to your home, but do not have flood insurance, you are eligible for aid. Apply to receive assistance from the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund using the application below.
Provide or Request Assistance
Need help? So many folks are ready, willing and able to assist their fellow members in need. Tell us what you need and we will distribute the information to our BOMA family (anonymously). Our goal is to connect those in need with those who can help.
If you need supplies, want to put out a request to our members, or can provide assistance with the requests below, please send a note to Shannon Roberts, email@example.com. We will update this page regularly.
- Housing for Displaced CRE employees
- Donated warehouse space: The American Logistics Aid Network (ALAN) is seeking 10,000 square feet in San Antonio and Austin to support shelters, and another 50,000 to 100,000 in Houston for the Red Cross. FEMA is seeking housing in the Houston area for incoming staff and responders. They are looking for accessible buildings of at least 10,000 square feet, with room to park vehicles, in Houston, Wharton, Brazoria County and Nueces County. The buildings can be “bare-bones,” as FEMA will provide cots, blankets, sanitary facilities and whatever else is needed. Also, the FEMA logistics team is looking for a large, accessible warehouse space of approximately 100,000 square feet in any of the above locations.
- Council Member Amanda Edwards and Urban League is requesting donation of up to 35,000-70,000 sq ft. of space to hold donations through December 2017. Contact Diane Yoo at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can assist.
- Metropolitan Movers Association has resources to provide furniture and storage items through their MMA Cares Campaign. Contact Craig Roberts at email@example.com for more info.
- We have had several offers from companies who wish to donate toiletries and supplies. If you need these items, please send a note to Shannon Roberts, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are a few organizations that have stepped up to organize volunteer efforts:
Volunteer Hub – organizing the needs of many different agencies in two – four hour volunteer opportunities. Pick one that fits your schedule.
The Texas Gulf Coast Regional VOAD wants to collaborate with nonprofits, faith-based organizations, and local groups to help our community rebuild. The scope of the recovery is greater than any of our organizations, and we want to collaborate locally to help rebuild.
Any organization interested in learning more is invited to attend Houston Helping After Harvey, a community meeting discussing the disaster recovery process and a shared vision for collaboration moving forward. Register your group at HoustonHelpsAfterHarvey.org.
Thank You to Our Generous Donors!
BOMA New York
BOMA Suburban Chicago
BOMA Orange County
BOMA Greater Los Angeles
BOMA Kansas City
HKA Elevator Consulting
TOVAR Snow Professionals
Ekklund's Inc. Total Elevator Cab Solutions
...and several individual and anonymous donors.
Thank you for your support.