2019 BOMI Designation Courses
Registration is now closed
Law and Risk - September 16-19, 2019
Save The Date for Our 2020 BOMI Designation Courses
Managing The Organization - February 10-13, 2020
Environmental Health & Safety - May 4-7, 2020
Energy Management & Controls - August 5-19, 2020 (Wednesdays)
The Design, Operation, and Maintenance of Building Systems, Part I - September 14 - 17, 2020
About BOMI Designation Courses
Houston BOMA partners with BOMI International
to offer courses and professional designations for property managers, facility managers and building engineers.
Throughout the commercial property industry, a BOMI designation is recognized as a mark of distinction; an emblem of achievement backed by BOMI’s more than 40 years of excellence in developing and offering advanced education programs.
Each BOMI International designation program offers time-tested courses with a proven curriculum designed by industry experts for property and facility management professionals. Those who complete a designation program gain a deep understanding of how to increase the value of properties and/or operate facilities at peak efficiency, and are able to apply this knowledge to their everyday jobs. Many designation courses have also been approved toward maintaining your LEED, CFM, CPM, CCIM, and other industry credentials.
Houston BOMA offers courses that apply to the following BOMI designations:
- Real Property Administrator (RPA)—Ideal for those who manage a single building or a portfolio of real estate assets with emphasis on building systems, risk management, brokerage, and enhancing overall financial performance of the asset.
- Facilities Management Administrator (FMA)—Ideal for those who manage a facility from the user’s perspective, either as a tenant or an owner of the facility, where you are responsible for the care, comfort, and productivity of your employees by maintaining building systems, technology, furniture systems, and daily maintenance.
- Systems Maintenance Administrator (SMA)—Ideal for those who manage the people who run building systems. SMAs ensure that the building systems run efficiently, both from an energy use and tenant comfort standpoint, as well maintain all aspects of a building or facility, including HVAC, electrical systems, plumbing, and hardware.
- Systems Maintenance Technician (SMT)—Ideal for those who operate and maintain major building systems such as HVAC, electrical, and plumbing.
Learn more about these designations at bomi.org.
Other things you need to know about designations:
- There is an experience requirement to attain your RPA and FMA. Click here for details.
- If you currently have your CPM and are looking for information about the fast track to getting your RPA, click here.
- For more info about these courses, call BOMI International at (410) 974-1410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Educational courses may be invoiced but must be paid two weeks prior to the course date or the student will forfeit the registration.
Still have questions regarding billing? Review our policy here.